KTVU Channel 2 in San Francisco got majorly pranked when it reported the names of the pilots of crashed Asiana Flight 214.
The Fox affiliate said the plane had been flown by "Captain Sum Ting Wong, Wi Tu Lo, Ho Lee Fuk and Bang Ding Ow." The unidentified reader stops as if confused during the recitation before dutifully finishing the bit, adding that the names had been confirmed.
Tom Raponi, KTVU vice president, said they "sincerely regret the error" and that "prior to air, the names were confirmed by an NTSB official," Boing Boing reported.
In response to the gaffe, station producer Brad Belstock tweeted, "Oh sh*t."
Here's the video:
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight
- Family Dollar Will Stick With Dollar Tree