KTVU Channel 2 in San Francisco got majorly pranked when it reported the names of the pilots of crashed Asiana Flight 214.
The Fox affiliate said the plane had been flown by "Captain Sum Ting Wong, Wi Tu Lo, Ho Lee Fuk and Bang Ding Ow." The unidentified reader stops as if confused during the recitation before dutifully finishing the bit, adding that the names had been confirmed.
Tom Raponi, KTVU vice president, said they "sincerely regret the error" and that "prior to air, the names were confirmed by an NTSB official," Boing Boing reported.
In response to the gaffe, station producer Brad Belstock tweeted, "Oh sh*t."
Here's the video:
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation