KTVU Channel 2 in San Francisco got majorly pranked when it reported the names of the pilots of crashed Asiana Flight 214.
The Fox affiliate said the plane had been flown by "Captain Sum Ting Wong, Wi Tu Lo, Ho Lee Fuk and Bang Ding Ow." The unidentified reader stops as if confused during the recitation before dutifully finishing the bit, adding that the names had been confirmed.
Tom Raponi, KTVU vice president, said they "sincerely regret the error" and that "prior to air, the names were confirmed by an NTSB official," Boing Boing reported.
In response to the gaffe, station producer Brad Belstock tweeted, "Oh sh*t."
Here's the video:
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects