U.S. search giant Google says an update to its Maps app will help users bypass traffic jams, quickly rerouting navigation directions to a quicker route.
An update for the Android version of the Google Maps app was released Wednesday, with the company saying it will arrive on Apple iOS devices later, the Los Angeles Times reported.
Another upgraded feature will allow users to find highly rated places such as restaurants by using an "Explore" function that will display recommended places to shop, eat and visit.
Restaurant reviews from Zagat will be available directly from within Maps when you look up a restaurant, Google said.
The new version will be available on Google Play to Android devices running the 4.0.3 version of the operating system and higher.
There will also be a version of the Maps app optimized for tablets, including the iPad and Android slates, the company said.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Laid-off Workers Return to Their Fields
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico