U.S. search giant Google says an update to its Maps app will help users bypass traffic jams, quickly rerouting navigation directions to a quicker route.
An update for the Android version of the Google Maps app was released Wednesday, with the company saying it will arrive on Apple iOS devices later, the Los Angeles Times reported.
Another upgraded feature will allow users to find highly rated places such as restaurants by using an "Explore" function that will display recommended places to shop, eat and visit.
Restaurant reviews from Zagat will be available directly from within Maps when you look up a restaurant, Google said.
The new version will be available on Google Play to Android devices running the 4.0.3 version of the operating system and higher.
There will also be a version of the Maps app optimized for tablets, including the iPad and Android slates, the company said.
Most Popular Stories
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- GOP, Dems Strain to Unearth a Modest Budget Pact
- Office Depot Moving HQ to Florida