U.S. search giant Google says an update to its Maps app will help users bypass traffic jams, quickly rerouting navigation directions to a quicker route.
An update for the Android version of the Google Maps app was released Wednesday, with the company saying it will arrive on Apple iOS devices later, the Los Angeles Times reported.
Another upgraded feature will allow users to find highly rated places such as restaurants by using an "Explore" function that will display recommended places to shop, eat and visit.
Restaurant reviews from Zagat will be available directly from within Maps when you look up a restaurant, Google said.
The new version will be available on Google Play to Android devices running the 4.0.3 version of the operating system and higher.
There will also be a version of the Maps app optimized for tablets, including the iPad and Android slates, the company said.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic