U.S. search giant Google says an update to its Maps app will help users bypass traffic jams, quickly rerouting navigation directions to a quicker route.
An update for the Android version of the Google Maps app was released Wednesday, with the company saying it will arrive on Apple iOS devices later, the Los Angeles Times reported.
Another upgraded feature will allow users to find highly rated places such as restaurants by using an "Explore" function that will display recommended places to shop, eat and visit.
Restaurant reviews from Zagat will be available directly from within Maps when you look up a restaurant, Google said.
The new version will be available on Google Play to Android devices running the 4.0.3 version of the operating system and higher.
There will also be a version of the Maps app optimized for tablets, including the iPad and Android slates, the company said.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya