TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 07/12/13 -- Difference Capital Financial Inc. ("DCF") (TSX VENTURE: DCF) announces that pursuant to a share purchase agreement dated July 10, 2013, DCF has agreed to purchase 3,829,795 common shares of Blue Ant Media Inc. ("Blue Ant") from a private company controlled by Michael Wekerle, the Executive Chairman of DCF, for total consideration of $4,787,243.75 (the "Blue Ant Transaction"). Closing of the Blue Ant Transaction is subject to the approval of the TSX Venture Exchange. The Blue Ant Transaction is considered a "related party transaction" under Multilateral Instrument 61-101 ("MI 61-101") and is exempt from the formal valuation and minority shareholder approval requirements of MI 61-101.
Blue Ant, an independent media company, is a content leader in lifestyle, travel, documentary, music and entertainment across all screens.
About Difference Capital Financial Inc.
Difference Capital Financial Inc. is a publicly-listed, Toronto-based specialty finance company focused on creating shareholder value through strategic investments in, and advisory services for, growth companies, particularly in the technology, media and healthcare sectors, as well as through opportunistic investments in undervalued financial assets and real property.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) has in any way passed upon the merits of the proposed transactions and neither of the foregoing entities has approved or disapproved of the contents of this press release.
Difference Capital Financial Inc.
Chief Executive Officer
416 649 5088
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns