The daughter of Whitney Houston is engaged to the man who was widely regarded as the adopted son of the late soul diva.
Bobbi Kristina Brown, 23, announced her engagement to Nick Gordon in a post Wednesday on her Facebook page, harshly dismissing any criticism of her wedding a man who was raised from a young age by her mother, who referred to him as her son.
"I'm tired of hearing people say, 'Eww your (sic) engaged to your brother'" she wrote. "Let me clear up something, we aren't even real brother and sister, nor is he my adoptive brother. My mom never adopted him."
The bride-to-be said that her late mother would have approved of their marriage. "Mommy was the one who even said that she knew that we were going to start dating," she wrote.
Most Popular Stories
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Samsung Launches Milk Music
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study