The daughter of Whitney Houston is engaged to the man who was widely regarded as the adopted son of the late soul diva.
Bobbi Kristina Brown, 23, announced her engagement to Nick Gordon in a post Wednesday on her Facebook page, harshly dismissing any criticism of her wedding a man who was raised from a young age by her mother, who referred to him as her son.
"I'm tired of hearing people say, 'Eww your (sic) engaged to your brother'" she wrote. "Let me clear up something, we aren't even real brother and sister, nor is he my adoptive brother. My mom never adopted him."
The bride-to-be said that her late mother would have approved of their marriage. "Mommy was the one who even said that she knew that we were going to start dating," she wrote.
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Ford Is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- Health Care Hiring Up, Wages Down
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Picks