The daughter of Whitney Houston is engaged to the man who was widely regarded as the adopted son of the late soul diva.
Bobbi Kristina Brown, 23, announced her engagement to Nick Gordon in a post Wednesday on her Facebook page, harshly dismissing any criticism of her wedding a man who was raised from a young age by her mother, who referred to him as her son.
"I'm tired of hearing people say, 'Eww your (sic) engaged to your brother'" she wrote. "Let me clear up something, we aren't even real brother and sister, nor is he my adoptive brother. My mom never adopted him."
The bride-to-be said that her late mother would have approved of their marriage. "Mommy was the one who even said that she knew that we were going to start dating," she wrote.
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits
- Elizabeth Warren Ends 2016 Presidential Rumors