Hollywood's upcoming animated family comedy "Turbo" will feature music by British composer Henry Jackman.
The DreamWorks Animation picture is set for theatrical release July 17. It tells the story of a snail "with aspirations of racing at NASCAR speeds, who realizes his dream after a bizarre accident allows him to put the pedal to the metal," a synopsis said.
Directed by David Soren, "Turbo" features the voice talents of Ryan Reynolds, Paul Giamatti and Maya Rudolph.
"'Turbo' is a colorful, high-energy animated feature, with Jackman complementing the delightfully idiosyncratic world of high-octane snail-racing with a quirky, upbeat score combining electric guitar, pulsing synthesizers, throbbing low-end dubstep bass, and traditional orchestration," said a release from Jackman's representatives.
"Turbo -- Music from the Motion Picture" will be available Tuesday from Relativity Music Group.
Jackman's film composing credits include "Kick Ass," "X-Men: First Class," "Wreck-It Ralph" and "This is the End."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Senate, House Locking Horns on Border Funds
- Jeter, Bauer Give Fox a Strong Week in TV Ratings
- LinkedIn to Buy Ad Tech Company Bizo for $175 Million
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland