Hollywood's upcoming animated family comedy "Turbo" will feature music by British composer Henry Jackman.
The DreamWorks Animation picture is set for theatrical release July 17. It tells the story of a snail "with aspirations of racing at NASCAR speeds, who realizes his dream after a bizarre accident allows him to put the pedal to the metal," a synopsis said.
Directed by David Soren, "Turbo" features the voice talents of Ryan Reynolds, Paul Giamatti and Maya Rudolph.
"'Turbo' is a colorful, high-energy animated feature, with Jackman complementing the delightfully idiosyncratic world of high-octane snail-racing with a quirky, upbeat score combining electric guitar, pulsing synthesizers, throbbing low-end dubstep bass, and traditional orchestration," said a release from Jackman's representatives.
"Turbo -- Music from the Motion Picture" will be available Tuesday from Relativity Music Group.
Jackman's film composing credits include "Kick Ass," "X-Men: First Class," "Wreck-It Ralph" and "This is the End."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions
- New Auto Plant to Create 155 Jobs in Kentucky
- Google Q1 Earnings Dip as Ad Prices Slip
- Generating Solar Power in the Dark
- Earthlike Planet Found in Red Dwarf's Goldilocks Zone
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up