RANGELEY -- New England Celtic Arts in collaboration with Saltwater Celtic Music Festival will present the Paul McKenna Band at Lakeside Theater in Rangeley on Monday, July 22, with the Rangeley Friends of the Arts. Other locations include St. Lawrence Arts in Portland on Tuesday, July 23; Skye Theatre Performing Arts Center in So. Carthage on Wednesday. July 24; and Deertrees Theatre in Harrison on Thursday, July 25. Curtain is 7 p.m. at each venue other than Deertrees which is at 7:30 p.m.
Combining their love for folk and traditional music, as well as original songs and tunes, the Paul McKenna Band from Scotland has been captivating audiences with live performances of their new album, titled "Stem the Tide."
With a contemporary approach to songs, although not straying too far from their roots, their arrangements are both fresh and innovative. The exciting sound of the Paul McKenna Band is created through outstanding vocals, driving guitar and bouzouki, intense fiddle playing, a warm pairing of flute and whistles, and dynamic bodhran and percussion.
Tickets are $15 at each venue except Deertrees which are $22. Contact information: Lakeside Theater, Main Street, http:// rangeleyarts.org/contact-us; St. Lawrence Arts, 76 Congress Stree, 207-775-5568; Skye Theater, 2 Highland Drive, 207-562-4445; Deertrees Theatre, 156 Deertrees Road, 207-583-6747.
They are also performing at the Saltwater Celtic Festival in Brunswick on Sunday, July 21.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions
- Google Q1 Earnings Dip as Ad Prices Slip
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up
- New Auto Plant to Create 155 Jobs in Kentucky
- Generating Solar Power in the Dark
- PepsiCo Q1 Profits Rise on Snack Sales, Cost Cuts