Natalia Lafourcade recently visited the SiriusXM Latino in New York to promote her most recent album "Mujer Divina, Homenaje a Agustín Lara," which was released last September.
The album is a tribute to one of Mexico's most famous composers, Agustín Lara.
Lafourcade, a Mexican pop-rock singer and songwriter, visited SiriusXM Latino on July 10 to sing some songs off of the album. The Latina has been nominated for several Grammy Awards, including Best Latin Pop Album, Latin Grammy Award for Song of the Year, Latin Grammy Award for Best New Artist, and Latin Grammy Award for Best Female Pop Vocal Album.
She began singing at age 3, and by 4 she knew she wanted to be an artist. Now 29, she has her own band, Natalia y La Forquetina.
"Her primary subjects were pretty standard late-teen fare, gently exasperated expressions of romantic uncertainty," L.A. Times writer Reed Johnson wrote in 2010.
"Her lyrics could mix playfulness with passion, longing for Ricky Martin and lusting after Gael García Bernal. Yet these effusions mostly came across not as fangirl gushing but rather as a sophisticated young woman keeping her humor intact while striving for self-knowledge," he continued. "Like one of those preternaturally flexible but muscly Olympic gymnasts, she was a petite dynamo, effortlessly appealing and wise enough to keep the cuteness meter dialed down to around 6."
Here is the tracklist of Mujer Divina:
1. Mujer divina.- Dueto con Adrián Dargelos (Babasónicos)
2. Limosna- Dueto con Meme (Café Tacuba)
3. Imposible - Dueto con León Larregui (Zoé)
4. Farolito- Dueto con Gilberto Gil
5. La fugitiva - Dueto con Kevin Johansen
6. Piensa en mí - Dueto con Vicentico
7. Si no pueden quererte- Dueto con Miguel Bosé
8. Morir y renacer - Dueto con Adanowsky
9. Amor, amor de mis amores – Dueto con Devendra Banhart
10. Aventurera- Dueto con Alex Ferreira
11. Oración Caribe - Dueto con Jorge Drexler
12. Azul como un cielo - Dueto con Rodrigo Amarante
13. María bonita – Únicamente Natalia Lafourcade (Versión acústica)
Watch this live performance of Lafourcade in April 2013.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter