The Carolinas Minority Supplier Development Council's annual Business Opportunity Conference (BOC) is expected to attract more than 500 minority business owners, corporate executives and procurement professionals Aug. 12-14 in Concord, N.C.
America's largest corporations spend close to $100 billion a year on goods and services from minority-owned businesses, according to the CMSDC. The conference highlights best practices in corporate America and supplier diversity models that increase contracts and business deals between corporations and minority business enterprises (MBEs).
The annual event includes a welcome reception, golf tournament, business opportunity trade show, networking receptions and awards gala.
Themed "Leading Economic Impact -- One Connection at a Time," the conference will offer three days of networking, workshops and seminars. Panelists will discuss ways for MBEs and CMSDC corporate members to leverage partnerships and joint ventures to land contracts and take advantage of supplier diversity initiatives.
The welcome reception will integrate the NASCAR teambuilding model, which includes interactive racing games, pit-crew challenges and racing simulations to build relationships. It should also be fun.
"The objective for this year's BOC is to enhance collaboration between our corporate members and MBEs," Eric Watson, CMSDC president and CEO, said in a statement. "We will continue to innovate, elevate and transform the ways in which we advance corporate supplier diversity and support the growth of minority businesses throughout the region."
To learn more about the conference, click here.
Check out the The Billion Dollar Club -- the HispanicBusiness 500 now lists five billion-dollar-plus companies on its index of the top-earning U.S. Hispanic enterprises.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Jack White Records Songs, Releases Vinyl in Hours
- 420 Pot Holiday Tries To Go Mainstream
- Malaysia, Flight 370 Relatives Talk Financial Help
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Report: Next Iran Nuclear Talks Set for New York
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text