BRUNSWICK -- Everything's coming up roses Wednesday, July 17, as Maine State Music Theatre continues its 55th season of professional musical theater with the smash musical fable "Gypsy."
Loosely based on the memoirs of striptease artist Gypsy Rose Lee, the play follows the dreams and disappointments of Mama Rose and her fight to raise her two daughters Dainty June, based on actress June Havoc, and Louise, in 1920s show business when vaudeville was dying and burlesque was born.
For tickets, call 207-725-8769, visit the box office at The Pickard Theater, or visit www.msmt.org. The show runs until Saturday, August 3. Matinees are at 2 p.m. and evening shows are at 7:30 p.m. The Pickard Theater is at 1 Bath Road on the campus of Bowdoin College.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering