BRUNSWICK -- Everything's coming up roses Wednesday, July 17, as Maine State Music Theatre continues its 55th season of professional musical theater with the smash musical fable "Gypsy."
Loosely based on the memoirs of striptease artist Gypsy Rose Lee, the play follows the dreams and disappointments of Mama Rose and her fight to raise her two daughters Dainty June, based on actress June Havoc, and Louise, in 1920s show business when vaudeville was dying and burlesque was born.
For tickets, call 207-725-8769, visit the box office at The Pickard Theater, or visit www.msmt.org. The show runs until Saturday, August 3. Matinees are at 2 p.m. and evening shows are at 7:30 p.m. The Pickard Theater is at 1 Bath Road on the campus of Bowdoin College.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million