BRUNSWICK -- Everything's coming up roses Wednesday, July 17, as Maine State Music Theatre continues its 55th season of professional musical theater with the smash musical fable "Gypsy."
Loosely based on the memoirs of striptease artist Gypsy Rose Lee, the play follows the dreams and disappointments of Mama Rose and her fight to raise her two daughters Dainty June, based on actress June Havoc, and Louise, in 1920s show business when vaudeville was dying and burlesque was born.
For tickets, call 207-725-8769, visit the box office at The Pickard Theater, or visit www.msmt.org. The show runs until Saturday, August 3. Matinees are at 2 p.m. and evening shows are at 7:30 p.m. The Pickard Theater is at 1 Bath Road on the campus of Bowdoin College.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets