BRUNSWICK -- Everything's coming up roses Wednesday, July 17, as Maine State Music Theatre continues its 55th season of professional musical theater with the smash musical fable "Gypsy."
Loosely based on the memoirs of striptease artist Gypsy Rose Lee, the play follows the dreams and disappointments of Mama Rose and her fight to raise her two daughters Dainty June, based on actress June Havoc, and Louise, in 1920s show business when vaudeville was dying and burlesque was born.
For tickets, call 207-725-8769, visit the box office at The Pickard Theater, or visit www.msmt.org. The show runs until Saturday, August 3. Matinees are at 2 p.m. and evening shows are at 7:30 p.m. The Pickard Theater is at 1 Bath Road on the campus of Bowdoin College.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset
- Jan Brewer Out on Term Limits