BRUNSWICK -- Everything's coming up roses Wednesday, July 17, as Maine State Music Theatre continues its 55th season of professional musical theater with the smash musical fable "Gypsy."
Loosely based on the memoirs of striptease artist Gypsy Rose Lee, the play follows the dreams and disappointments of Mama Rose and her fight to raise her two daughters Dainty June, based on actress June Havoc, and Louise, in 1920s show business when vaudeville was dying and burlesque was born.
For tickets, call 207-725-8769, visit the box office at The Pickard Theater, or visit www.msmt.org. The show runs until Saturday, August 3. Matinees are at 2 p.m. and evening shows are at 7:30 p.m. The Pickard Theater is at 1 Bath Road on the campus of Bowdoin College.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya