Former New York Yankee Danny Tartabull is the most wanted deadbeat dad in Los
Angeles, owing more than $275,000 in child support, county officials said.
Los Angeles County Child Support Services issued a wanted poster this week including the former Major League Baseball star's name and image.
Tartabull owes more in back child support than the other four men on the most wanted poster combined, ABC News reported Wednesday.
He was charged in January 2011 with failing to pay child support for his two sons, Zach and Quinten. He failed to meet the terms of his probation and later failed to show up for a 180-day jail sentence.
Officials issued a warrant for his arrest more than a year ago, but stepped up their efforts to locate him this week. Tartabull faces more jail time when he's arrested.
Tartabull earned more than $30 million in his 14-season career in the big leagues, ABC News said. He played for the Seattle Mariners, Kansas City Royals, the Yankees and Philadelphia Phillies.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia