Former New York Yankee Danny Tartabull is the most wanted deadbeat dad in Los
Angeles, owing more than $275,000 in child support, county officials said.
Los Angeles County Child Support Services issued a wanted poster this week including the former Major League Baseball star's name and image.
Tartabull owes more in back child support than the other four men on the most wanted poster combined, ABC News reported Wednesday.
He was charged in January 2011 with failing to pay child support for his two sons, Zach and Quinten. He failed to meet the terms of his probation and later failed to show up for a 180-day jail sentence.
Officials issued a warrant for his arrest more than a year ago, but stepped up their efforts to locate him this week. Tartabull faces more jail time when he's arrested.
Tartabull earned more than $30 million in his 14-season career in the big leagues, ABC News said. He played for the Seattle Mariners, Kansas City Royals, the Yankees and Philadelphia Phillies.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Fight Against Teacher Tenure Gains Momentum
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- California Chambers Head for the O.C.
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer