Former New York Yankee Danny Tartabull is the most wanted deadbeat dad in Los
Angeles, owing more than $275,000 in child support, county officials said.
Los Angeles County Child Support Services issued a wanted poster this week including the former Major League Baseball star's name and image.
Tartabull owes more in back child support than the other four men on the most wanted poster combined, ABC News reported Wednesday.
He was charged in January 2011 with failing to pay child support for his two sons, Zach and Quinten. He failed to meet the terms of his probation and later failed to show up for a 180-day jail sentence.
Officials issued a warrant for his arrest more than a year ago, but stepped up their efforts to locate him this week. Tartabull faces more jail time when he's arrested.
Tartabull earned more than $30 million in his 14-season career in the big leagues, ABC News said. He played for the Seattle Mariners, Kansas City Royals, the Yankees and Philadelphia Phillies.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- Wealth Gap Widened in Past Decade: Census
- Deere Announces New Round of Layoffs
- Gap Reports Higher Profits, India Plans