General Motors says the new Chevrolet Corvette sports car will get 29
miles per gallon of gas in highway driving.
The 2014 Corvette Stingray has a 455 horsepower, 6.2-liter V-8 engine that can take the car from zero to 60 mph in under four seconds.
GM said the car can get up to 30 mpg in "Eco" mode. The higher- mileage Corvette has a seven-speed manual transmission. It gets 17 mpg in the city.
Testing isn't finished on Corvettes with automatic transmissions.
GM designed the new Corvette to be more efficient so it can help meet stricter U.S. fuel economy standards. The aerodynamic car's engine can run on just four cylinders at highway speeds.
The new Corvette hits dealers in the fall with a base price of just under $52,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- N.M. Dems Say Nonprofit Helping Martinez Campaign