General Motors says the new Chevrolet Corvette sports car will get 29
miles per gallon of gas in highway driving.
The 2014 Corvette Stingray has a 455 horsepower, 6.2-liter V-8 engine that can take the car from zero to 60 mph in under four seconds.
GM said the car can get up to 30 mpg in "Eco" mode. The higher- mileage Corvette has a seven-speed manual transmission. It gets 17 mpg in the city.
Testing isn't finished on Corvettes with automatic transmissions.
GM designed the new Corvette to be more efficient so it can help meet stricter U.S. fuel economy standards. The aerodynamic car's engine can run on just four cylinders at highway speeds.
The new Corvette hits dealers in the fall with a base price of just under $52,000.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities