General Motors says the new Chevrolet Corvette sports car will get 29
miles per gallon of gas in highway driving.
The 2014 Corvette Stingray has a 455 horsepower, 6.2-liter V-8 engine that can take the car from zero to 60 mph in under four seconds.
GM said the car can get up to 30 mpg in "Eco" mode. The higher- mileage Corvette has a seven-speed manual transmission. It gets 17 mpg in the city.
Testing isn't finished on Corvettes with automatic transmissions.
GM designed the new Corvette to be more efficient so it can help meet stricter U.S. fuel economy standards. The aerodynamic car's engine can run on just four cylinders at highway speeds.
The new Corvette hits dealers in the fall with a base price of just under $52,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy