July 11--The films range from 2 minutes to 92 minutes. The directors hail from all over, including Italy, Ghana and New York City, as well as Minnesota. One film even has a live soundtrack, performed by Duluth band Portrait of a Drowned Man. And it all takes place in a barn.
The Free Range Film Festival, happening July 26-27, has announced its schedule for this year. This will be the 10th running of the festival. In addition to some brand-new films, they'll be showing some old favorites from the Free Range archives. The offerings are diverse, but the main concept is the same as always -- homegrown films shown in a giant barn for a nominal fee.
The barn is nestled in Wrenshall, and the organizers collect $10 per person to help maintain the barn. The full schedule and directions are online at freerangefilm.com.
(c)2013 the Duluth News Tribune (Duluth, Minn.)
Visit the Duluth News Tribune (Duluth, Minn.) at www.duluthnewstribune.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign