A TALENTED teen from Burry Port has been entertaining royalty. Noa Radford, who lives on The Crescent, had the chance to sing at the Prince of Wales's residence in Llwynywernod, near Llandovery, last week as part of the Carmarthen Youth Opera.
The 14-year-old, who will be starting his GCSEs at Ysgol y Strade in September, was the only one representing the town out of a 14- strong group of singers as they performed for the Duchess of Cornwall.
Noa, who started singing when he was just seven, said: We sang a few songs for the children because they were quite young.
I had a little conversation with the Duchess.
She said thank you very much for performing for us, I hope you enjoyed and I hope you come up again.
The group was invited to perform for children from the Make-A- Wish Foundation at an afternoon tea party being hosted by Camilla.
Noa said the singers performed a range of musical favourites, including Supercalifragilistic, Let's Go Fly a Kite and Chim Chim Cher-ee from Mary Poppins, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and the Bare Necessities from the Jungle Book.
The youngster, who is also a member of Lleisiau Hardd choir and the SA15 theatre group, said he was hoping to follow in the footsteps of fellow Burry Port singing sensation John Owen-Jones to become a West End star.
He said: I've just stuck with it and I really enjoy it.
I would like to be an actor in the West End.
John Owen-Jones is my hero.
My favourite musical is Les Miserables. He said he was also pals with Pembrey opera star Gary Griffiths, who recently competed in the prestigious Cardiff Singer of the World competition.
I'm good friends with Gary -- I'm singing with him next week, said Noa.
His mum Bridget also said she was really proud of Noa's achievements. It is lovely. I'm really proud, she added.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe