"To me as a new father, nothing is more important or scary than protecting a daughter."
Channing Tatum to US Weekly at the June premiere of his new film "White House Down",I just saw the movie "Precious" for the first time, and thought Mariah Carey was great. What a surprise. Is she going to do any more acting? -- J.P.
She is. Her dressed-down portrayal of the social worker in that film led to her being cast as a slave in the upcoming film "The Butler," about the long-serving butler at the White House. Naturally, her trademark blingy outfits will be nowhere in evidence.
I'm sorry Ashley Judd didn't run for the Senate. I think that would have been great. Is she still acting, now that she isn't going into politics? -- G.N.
She is. The politically active actress co-stars in the drama "The Identical," due out in October, and is filming "Divergent," with Zoe Kravitz and Shailene Woodley. She's also in discussions to repeat her role in the sequel "Dolphin Tale 2."
-- Robin Adams Sloan, King Features Syndicate
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up