Slumdog Millionaire star Rubina Ali has said that she feels abandoned by a UK director who offered her a lead role in his film. Ali, who played the young Latika in Danny Boyle's global hit, revealed that she has been waiting for over three years for Lord Owen's Lady to get off the ground.
Ali's manager Parkash Satti told Digital Spy: "In 2010 Martin Pennell cast Rubina Ali for his upcoming film Lord Owen's Lady, getting an agreement from Rubina and her family that she would be part of the project. "After a long time waiting, we don't have any information about what is happening with the film."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go