OPERA singer Placido Domingo is in the hospital after suffering a blockage in an artery of the lungs.
Domingo's representative says the 72-year-old is expected to make a full recovery but will have to miss several appearances scheduled for later this month. He was admitted to the hospital yesterday in Madrid.
Doctors say the pulmonary embolism was caused by a blood clot.
The singer's representative, Nancy Seltzer, says doctors have asked the Spanish tenor and conductor to rest for three to four weeks, but that healing time varies. His return to the stage will depend on how quickly he regains his strength.
Most Popular Stories
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Female Business Owners Still Face Gender Gap
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana