OPERA singer Placido Domingo is in the hospital after suffering a blockage in an artery of the lungs.
Domingo's representative says the 72-year-old is expected to make a full recovery but will have to miss several appearances scheduled for later this month. He was admitted to the hospital yesterday in Madrid.
Doctors say the pulmonary embolism was caused by a blood clot.
The singer's representative, Nancy Seltzer, says doctors have asked the Spanish tenor and conductor to rest for three to four weeks, but that healing time varies. His return to the stage will depend on how quickly he regains his strength.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals