"COMEDY CENTRAL Roast Of James Franco" to Tape in LA in August and Premiere on Labor Day Franco-Directed Documentary "Francophrenia" to Debut Exclusively on COMEDY CENTRAL Digital and VOD Platforms Following the Network Airing of Roast NEW YORK, July 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- COMEDY CENTRAL is rolling out the red carpet for the multi-hyphenated and extremely talented James Franco. The network announced today that Franco will be adding a new moniker to his ever growing list of accomplishments as this year's Roastee. The "COMEDY CENTRAL Roast Of James Franco" (#FrancoRoast) will tape in Los Angeles in August and premiere on Labor Day.
"If only James Franco was a more successful, multi-hyphenated, incessant creative risk taker in different media, he'd be the perfect person to roast. Oh well... I suppose we'll just have to make do," said Kent Alterman, President, Content Development & Original Programming, COMEDY CENTRAL.
"I've dreamed about this Roast for as long as I can remember," said Franco.
In addition to the Roast, COMEDY CENTRAL has acquired the exclusive digital rights to the Franco-directed documentary "Francophrenia." The 90-minute program gives fans a front-row seat to Franco's experience during his stint on "General Hospital." "Francophrenia" will debut on COMEDY CENTRAL's digital and VOD platforms after the network airing of the "COMEDY CENTRAL Roast of James Franco."
The "COMEDY CENTRAL Roast Of James Franco" will be executive produced by Miles Levy and Joel Gallen from Tenth Planet Productions, who also served as Executive Producer and Director of the COMEDY CENTRAL Roasts Of Rosanne Barr, Charlie Sheen, and Donald Trump, as well as the Emmy(R)-nominated "COMEDY CENTRAL Roast Of William Shatner." Jonas Larsen is the Executive in Charge for the network.
SOURCE COMEDY CENTRAL Corporate Communications
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'