'Chicken Little': The sky is falling, twice today. Musical version of the classic tale at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. today, Metropolis Performing Arts Centre, 111 W. Campbell St., Arlington Heights. $12- $14. www.metropolisarts.com.
Mount Prospect Sister Cities Family French Festival: Best for children 3-7, 6:30-7:30 p.m. today, Mount Prospect Public Library, 10 S. Emerson. French storytime with books, props, and interactive techniques. Free. Registration required; (847) 253-5675 or www.mppl.org.
Chef Michael Maddox: The owner/chef of the former Le Titi de Paris from 1993-2012 demonstrates and shares recipes for a festive three-course Bastille Day menu, 6:30 p.m. today, Ela Area Public Library, 275 Mohawk Trail, Lake Zurich. Free, but registration required. (847) 438-3433; www.eapl.org.
An Evening of American Music: 7 p.m. today, Bridgewater Assembly Hall, Friendship Village. Main Street Opera presents a sampling of classical, Broadway and gospel. Valet parking available. free, but registration required, programs.stdl.org
The Eastland Disaster: Ted Wachholz, author of "The Eastland Disaster," talks about the catastrophe in the Chicago River 98 years ago; 7-9 p.m. today, Schaumburg Township District Library, 130 S. Roselle Road, Schaumburg. Free, must register. programs.stdl.org
Palatine Concert Band: A Sounds of Summer concert, 8 p.m. today, Fred P. Hall Amphitheater, 262 E. Palatine Road, Palatine. 90- member ensemble will present an evening of light summer fare. Free. Concessions open at the Poolside Cafe. Weather hotline: (847) 705- 5123, ext. 431. www.palatineparks.org.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Bundy Ranch Standoff Has Spurred Radical Right
- Downside of Low Mortgage Rates: Less Selling
- Emmys: 'Orange' Marks Break From Sitcoms
- Correction: North Dakota Saltwater Spill Story
- Repubs to Sue Obama for Delaying Obamacare
- Thousands of Children Dragged Into U.S. Political Bickering
- Fed Vice Chair Fischer: Care Needed to Avoid Crisis
- Collegefeed Connects Grads and Jobs
- Dems Float Long-Shot Effort to Curb Campaign Cash
- Union Pulls Support of UNCF Over Koch Gift