July 10--Legendary Entertainment has struck a financing, distribution and marketing deal with NBCUniversal, parent of Universal Studios, the companies said Wednesday.
Universal will market, co-finance and distribute Legendary films for five years beginning in 2014.
"Comcast and NBCUniversal's global assets in film, television and theme parks offer Legendary unmatched breadth and opportunity to grow our business," said Legendary Chief Executive Thomas Tull in a statement. "We are delighted to be in business with this exceptional team and look forward to a successful partnership."
Legendary, producer of the forthcoming sci-fi action movie "Pacific Rim" and the company behind "The Hangover" and "The Dark Knight" franchise, has had a distribution and co-production deal with Warner Bros. since 2005. That agreement expires at the end of this year.
Universal Pictures has had a strong year with the release of hits such as "Fast & Furious 6" and "Despicable Me 2."
(c)2013 the Los Angeles Times
Visit the Los Angeles Times at www.latimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Contreras-Sweet to Speak at MED Week
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply