By The Associated Press
LIVE MOBILE ABC: WatchABC, a Disney app that allows viewing of live ABC programming on mobile devices, is expanding to Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco and Raleigh-Durham, N.C., after offering a free trial in New York and Philadelphia.
PAY TV PROOF: Users have to verify they are a pay TV subscriber of Comcast, Cablevision, Cox, Charter, Midcontinent or AT&T. Not all pay TV providers offer the access, but as more deals are made, access should spread.
TV EVERYWHERE: Getting mobile access to TV programs at no extra charge on mobile devices is meant to add value to pay TV subscriptions, but executives acknowledge the rollout has been slow.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery