Russian President Vladimir Putin has no plans to remarry after his divorce is
finalized, his press secretary said Friday.
Putin and his wife of nearly 30 years announced Thursday they were separating.
Spokesman Dmitry Peskov told a Russian radio station there is "no other woman in the president's life," The Wall Street Journal reported.
Peskov said the decision was "mutual" and driven by Putin's desire to run the country and his wife's desire to stay out of the spotlight.
The Putins have lived apart for some time, and their relationship has been the subject of speculation for years.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia