Russian President Vladimir Putin has no plans to remarry after his divorce is
finalized, his press secretary said Friday.
Putin and his wife of nearly 30 years announced Thursday they were separating.
Spokesman Dmitry Peskov told a Russian radio station there is "no other woman in the president's life," The Wall Street Journal reported.
Peskov said the decision was "mutual" and driven by Putin's desire to run the country and his wife's desire to stay out of the spotlight.
The Putins have lived apart for some time, and their relationship has been the subject of speculation for years.
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks