Russian President Vladimir Putin has no plans to remarry after his divorce is
finalized, his press secretary said Friday.
Putin and his wife of nearly 30 years announced Thursday they were separating.
Spokesman Dmitry Peskov told a Russian radio station there is "no other woman in the president's life," The Wall Street Journal reported.
Peskov said the decision was "mutual" and driven by Putin's desire to run the country and his wife's desire to stay out of the spotlight.
The Putins have lived apart for some time, and their relationship has been the subject of speculation for years.
Most Popular Stories
- Atlanta Biology Lesson Compares Evolution With Satan
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- FOMC Minutes From June 17 Meeting: Full Text
- 7-Eleven Marks Appy Birthday with Freebies
- Ford Wrings Mileage out of Three-Cylinder Fiesta
- Ford Recalling 100,000 Vehicles for Safety Issues
- Hispanic Social Media Awards Announced
- Is Eva Mendes Pregnant With Ryan Gosling's Baby?
- Legal Pot Shops Do Roaring Business on Opening Day
- UTEP Students Tapped to Test Lunar Dust Device