Russian President Vladimir Putin has no plans to remarry after his divorce is
finalized, his press secretary said Friday.
Putin and his wife of nearly 30 years announced Thursday they were separating.
Spokesman Dmitry Peskov told a Russian radio station there is "no other woman in the president's life," The Wall Street Journal reported.
Peskov said the decision was "mutual" and driven by Putin's desire to run the country and his wife's desire to stay out of the spotlight.
The Putins have lived apart for some time, and their relationship has been the subject of speculation for years.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals