The National Hispanic Media Coalition(NHMC) will hold its 2013 MediaCon on June 20 at the Pasadena Convention Center in Pasadena, Calif.
MediaCon is uniquely designed to advance the image of Latinos in media by providing timely information through sessions such as the opening plenary which will address the state of Latinos in media.
"We received overwhelmingly positive feedback from last year's inaugural conference. We are excited to put on MediaCon for a second year" said Alex Nogales, president and CEO of NHMC. "The 2010 census combined with the 2012 Presidential election has made it clear that the Latino political and purchasing power are a force to be reckoned with. The purpose of MediaCon is to bring media and entertainment players together under one roof to discuss what is happening in the industry and how to use that information to further Latino interests."
Attendees can expect thought-provoking panels that will inform how advertisers are courting the Latino consumer, the ways Latinos are using alternative platforms such as the Internet to produce and monetize content, and MediaCon's signature Empowering Latinas in Entertainment session, amonth other topics.
Also to be discussed are new ways to succeed in en evolving media industry. Speakers include Vincent Cordero, EVP and general manager of Fox Deportes; Inez Gonzalez, executive vice president of NHMC; Harold Feld, senior vice president of Public Knowledge; and Ivette Rodriguez, president of American Entertainment Media.
The NHMC is a nonpartisan, nonprofit, media advocacy and civil rights organization established in 1986 in Los Angeles. Its mission is to educate and influence media corporations on the importance of including U.S. Latinos at all levels of employment.
MediaCon panels will cover the following topics:
•Opening Address: The State of Latinosin Media
• Web Content: Creating, Monetizing and Distribution
• Power Brokers: Hollywood Agents and Managers
• Empowering Latinas in Entertainment
• Advertisers: Courting the Latino Consumer
• Running the Show - on TV
For more information or to register, visit www.nhmc.org.
Source: National Hispanic Media Coalition
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine