Love 1960s style
During her bachelorette party, a bride-to-be and her three friends consider dating, love and marriage in the 1960s-inspired musical revue, "Why Do Fools Fall in Love?" "I Will Follow Him" and "You Don't Have to Say You Love Me" are among the pop hits featured in the Fox Valley Repertory revival directed and choreographed by Geneva's Kyle Donahue, with music direction by Robert Deason.
Previews continue through Friday, June 14, at Pheasant Run Resort, 4051 E. Main St., St. Charles. The show opens at 8 p.m. Saturday, June 15. $32, $42. (630) 584-6342 or .
Look at LeapFest
Stage Left Theatre presents LeapFest 10, its annual festival showcasing in-development works, produced in association with the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events. Plays by Scott Barsotti, Steven Haworth, Kristin Idaszak, Jayme McGhan, Steven Simoncic and Katie Watson will be featured in workshop productions during the three-week festival, which includes post- performance discussions with audience members.
Begins at 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 11, at The Storefront Theater, 66 E. Randolph St., Chicago. $11; $25 for a LeapPass. (800) 595-4849 or .
Comedy 1960s style
A jet-setting architect named Bernard juggles three flight attendant fiancees in "Boeing-Boeing," a 1962 French comedy by Marc Camoletti, which lands this week at Drury Lane Theatre. Former Victory Gardens Theater artistic director Dennis Zacek directs the show, which stars Jeff Award winner Stef Tovar as the rascal Bernard and Nora Dunn ("Saturday Night Live") as the long-suffering housekeeper who helps him steer clear of turbulence.
Previews begin at 1:30 and 8 p.m. Thursday, June 13, at 100 Drury Lane, Oakbrook Terrace. The show opens at 8 p.m. Thursday, June 20. $35-$49. (630) 530-0111 or .
-- Barbara Vitello
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Disney's Animated Feature 'Moana' Slated for 2016 Release
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Samsung Phones Cleared For U.S. Government Use
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight