RUMFORD -- Inspired by the popular late night sketch comedy Saturday Night Live, local Mystic Theater production Friday Night Live will not disappoint. The show is filled with live performances, several short films, commercials, news and musical guest.
The show is hosted by Oxford County Sheriff Wayne Gallant and the musical host is Dennis Moro who has recently been inducted into Maine's Old Opry Hall of Fame.
The group "The Community of Comedy" consists of local writers of original material, sound light and video technicians and the players who act it all out live. Writers include Jeff Bailey, Susan Puiia DeRoehn, Lisa Picard, Scot Grassette, Duane Glover and Dan Ryder. Their writing inspirations come from personal experiences, local stories, locations and a wealth of personal experiences.
This raw material is hashed over between the writers and then the parts are cast and blocked by director Keith A. Grassette. The players include, Duane Glover, Tammy Schmersal Burgess, Mike Brennick, Zac Calden, Zach Grassette, Jen Foster, Eric Schmersal, Scot Grassette, Amanda Hamner, Dawson Walton, Lisa Picard and Pete Orino.
The adult-humor show is called Friday Night Live but it runs Thursday through Sunday, June 13-16, at Mystic Theater, 49 Franklin. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. for a special pub style menu and a cash bar. Visit www.49franklin.com for more information. Show starts at 7 p.m. Limited tickets are $15 and are available at All That Jazz and Bartash's on Congress St.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11