TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 06/06/13 -- "The newly created secretariat will serve as the voice for international business in the Arctic region," says its founding President and Chief Executive Officer, Patrick C. Gagnon.
The Ontario Minister of Finance, The Honourable Charles Sousa, saluted the establishment of the international body in Canada's financial capital.
"Doing business in the Arctic," says Gagnon, "requires significant cooperation among multiple stakeholders on environmental, aboriginal and security issues and the World Arctic Forum intends to brings together leaders in the private and public sectors from around the world to better understand the mutual interests, opportunities and risks in the sustainable economic development of the Arctic."
Moreover, the World Arctic Forum fully supports the efforts of the Canadian Chair of the Arctic Council to bring meaningful business development to the circumpolar region.
The World Arctic Forum will soon be unveiling its slate of activities.
World Arctic Forum
Most Popular Stories
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- Target Security Breach May Affect 40 Million Cardholders
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Tyson Foods Charged With Civil Rights Violation
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart
- Bernanke Lets Congress Have It in Final Press Conference
- Texting With Vodka: Booze and Social Media Can Mix After All
- Wall Street Falls a Day After Surge
- How to Protect Yourself After Target Data Breach
- Hispanic PR Firm Launches Chicago Chapter