TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 06/06/13 -- "The newly created secretariat will serve as the voice for international business in the Arctic region," says its founding President and Chief Executive Officer, Patrick C. Gagnon.
The Ontario Minister of Finance, The Honourable Charles Sousa, saluted the establishment of the international body in Canada's financial capital.
"Doing business in the Arctic," says Gagnon, "requires significant cooperation among multiple stakeholders on environmental, aboriginal and security issues and the World Arctic Forum intends to brings together leaders in the private and public sectors from around the world to better understand the mutual interests, opportunities and risks in the sustainable economic development of the Arctic."
Moreover, the World Arctic Forum fully supports the efforts of the Canadian Chair of the Arctic Council to bring meaningful business development to the circumpolar region.
The World Arctic Forum will soon be unveiling its slate of activities.
World Arctic Forum
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms