The Los Angeles Small Business Administration District Office is hosting a Veteran Business Webinar - Summer Speaker Series now through Aug. 28. The first was held Wednesday, June 5.
The webinars will be held every Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Pacific Standard time.
The Summer Speaker Series will feature a variety of topics presented by: lending and industry experts, government small business advisors, higher education program directors and non-profit executives who will speak on their subject matter expertise – all of them focusing on aspiring and existing veteran business owners.
The webinars are online and via telephone and will allow a two-way communication between presenter and attendee. Once logged on, attendees will be asked to input their name and email address then AT&T Teleconference program will request a phone number to call you.
This series is perfect for aspiring and existing veteran business owners around Southern California, and is open to all veteran and military technical assistant providers who would like to learn about various veteran business resources.
Here is the complete list of speakers for the 2013 Veteran Webinar - Summer Speaker Series:
• Rita Mitchell, Wells Fargo (June 5 - SBA Loan Program & Access to Capital)
• Tina Kapral, Institute of Veterans and Military Families at Syracuse University/UCLA Anderson School of Business (June 12 – Veteran Business Education)
• Larry Broughton, former Special Forces, Speaker, Author, Entrepreneur (June 19 – Motivational Speaker)
• Noah Harris, Veteran Business Outreach Center (June 26 – Veteran Business Technical Assistance)
• Derek Overby, Article Response (July 10 – Social Media)
• David Poulin, U.S. Department of Labor (July 17 - Veteran Employment Training for Small Business)
• Debbie Cabreira-Johnson, LA County and SBA Procurement Technical Assistance Center (July 24 – Government Contracting Assistance)
• TBD, Microlender (July 31 – Access to Capital)
• Pam Smith-Cressel, General Services Administration (August 7 – Government Contracting)
• Susan Lamping, CDC Small Business Finanance (August 14 – Access to Capital)
• Vic Scimo, FranNet of Southern California (August 21 – Veteran Friendly Franchising)
• Mark Steiner, MA Steiner Construction (August 28 – Veteran Business Owner and Success Story
To connect to the weekly webinars, click here.
Most Popular Stories
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- GOP, Dems Strain to Unearth a Modest Budget Pact
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- Office Depot Moving HQ to Florida