NEW YORK -- Archie's old Riverdale gang is headed to the big screen.
Archie Comics announced Thursday that Warner Bros. will produce a live-action film based on the comic's characters, including Archie, Betty, Veronica and Jughead. It will be the first feature film for the 72-year-old comic.
Directing will be Jason Moore, who helmed the 2012 high school musical comedy "Pitch Perfect." `'Glee" writer Robert Aguirre-Sacasa is penning the script. Aguirre-Sacasa is also writing a zombie series for the comic, titled "Afterlife With Archie."
In a statement, Aguirre-Sacasa promises the film will be "the ultimate teenage movie."
The Archie comics have previously spawned several animated TV series since the 1960s. In 1990, NBC aired the TV film "Archie: To Riverdale and Back Again."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Deere Announces New Round of Layoffs