NEW YORK -- Archie's old Riverdale gang is headed to the big screen.
Archie Comics announced Thursday that Warner Bros. will produce a live-action film based on the comic's characters, including Archie, Betty, Veronica and Jughead. It will be the first feature film for the 72-year-old comic.
Directing will be Jason Moore, who helmed the 2012 high school musical comedy "Pitch Perfect." `'Glee" writer Robert Aguirre-Sacasa is penning the script. Aguirre-Sacasa is also writing a zombie series for the comic, titled "Afterlife With Archie."
In a statement, Aguirre-Sacasa promises the film will be "the ultimate teenage movie."
The Archie comics have previously spawned several animated TV series since the 1960s. In 1990, NBC aired the TV film "Archie: To Riverdale and Back Again."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- N.M. Dems Say Nonprofit Helping Martinez Campaign
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Deficit Shrinks, Hiring Grows as Economy Improves