NEW YORK -- Archie's old Riverdale gang is headed to the big screen.
Archie Comics announced Thursday that Warner Bros. will produce a live-action film based on the comic's characters, including Archie, Betty, Veronica and Jughead. It will be the first feature film for the 72-year-old comic.
Directing will be Jason Moore, who helmed the 2012 high school musical comedy "Pitch Perfect." `'Glee" writer Robert Aguirre-Sacasa is penning the script. Aguirre-Sacasa is also writing a zombie series for the comic, titled "Afterlife With Archie."
In a statement, Aguirre-Sacasa promises the film will be "the ultimate teenage movie."
The Archie comics have previously spawned several animated TV series since the 1960s. In 1990, NBC aired the TV film "Archie: To Riverdale and Back Again."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap