"The Bridges of Madison County" == the book made into a film starring Meryl Streep and Clint Eastwood -- is heading to Broadway as a musical.
Producers said Thursday the show, with songs by Jason Robert Brown and a book by Marsha Norman which debuts at the Williamstown Theatre Festival in Massachusetts this August, will land at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theater in January.
Based on Robert Waller's best-selling novel, the story features Iowa's covered bridges as the focal point for a romance between a woman and a photographer.
No casting was announced. Bartlett Sher will direct.
Norman won a Tony for writing "`night, Mother" and Brown wrote "Parade" and "The Last Five Years." In an interview, Brown called "Bridges" "a deeply romantic piece in the fullest sense of the word."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- '300' Sequel Conquers Box Office Foes