Kevin Bacon revealed why he turned down a role in Craig Brewer's "Footloose" remake while speaking at Paley Center for Media's 'Follow This' event Tuesday. "It was a lousy part!" he told the crowd. "I was [Ren's] father, which I don't mind, but he was just a miserable prick. I honestly think I would have done a disservice to the film . . . there was no point to me being in the movie." The actor, who became famous for his portrayal of the lead character Ren McCormack in the 1984 original, continued, "They built a scene that was really only there for me to be in the movie, and once I said no, they took the scene out." But he added, sheepishly, "I liked the movie, though!"
(c) 2013 The New York Post. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Deere Announces New Round of Layoffs