Kevin Bacon revealed why he turned down a role in Craig Brewer's "Footloose" remake while speaking at Paley Center for Media's 'Follow This' event Tuesday. "It was a lousy part!" he told the crowd. "I was [Ren's] father, which I don't mind, but he was just a miserable prick. I honestly think I would have done a disservice to the film . . . there was no point to me being in the movie." The actor, who became famous for his portrayal of the lead character Ren McCormack in the 1984 original, continued, "They built a scene that was really only there for me to be in the movie, and once I said no, they took the scene out." But he added, sheepishly, "I liked the movie, though!"
(c) 2013 The New York Post. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.