Kevin Bacon revealed why he turned down a role in Craig Brewer's "Footloose" remake while speaking at Paley Center for Media's 'Follow This' event Tuesday. "It was a lousy part!" he told the crowd. "I was [Ren's] father, which I don't mind, but he was just a miserable prick. I honestly think I would have done a disservice to the film . . . there was no point to me being in the movie." The actor, who became famous for his portrayal of the lead character Ren McCormack in the 1984 original, continued, "They built a scene that was really only there for me to be in the movie, and once I said no, they took the scene out." But he added, sheepishly, "I liked the movie, though!"
(c) 2013 The New York Post. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property