Kevin Bacon revealed why he turned down a role in Craig Brewer's "Footloose" remake while speaking at Paley Center for Media's 'Follow This' event Tuesday. "It was a lousy part!" he told the crowd. "I was [Ren's] father, which I don't mind, but he was just a miserable prick. I honestly think I would have done a disservice to the film . . . there was no point to me being in the movie." The actor, who became famous for his portrayal of the lead character Ren McCormack in the 1984 original, continued, "They built a scene that was really only there for me to be in the movie, and once I said no, they took the scene out." But he added, sheepishly, "I liked the movie, though!"
(c) 2013 The New York Post. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free