Toyota Motor Corp said Wednesday it is recalling 242,000 vehicles worldwide over a possible brake defect.
The recall, mostly affecting the Prius hybrid, includes 117,000 units in Japan, 91,000 units in North America and 30,000 in Europe, a company spokeswoman said in Tokyo.
No injuries or vehicle crashes have been reported related to the problem, she said.
There have been 49 reported cases of a braking defect in Japan, according to a government report.
Most Popular Stories
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Samsung Phones Cleared For U.S. Government Use
- Disney's Animated Feature 'Moana' Slated for 2016 Release