Toyota Motor Corp said Wednesday it is recalling 242,000 vehicles worldwide over a possible brake defect.
The recall, mostly affecting the Prius hybrid, includes 117,000 units in Japan, 91,000 units in North America and 30,000 in Europe, a company spokeswoman said in Tokyo.
No injuries or vehicle crashes have been reported related to the problem, she said.
There have been 49 reported cases of a braking defect in Japan, according to a government report.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?