Toyota Motor Corp said Wednesday it is recalling 242,000 vehicles worldwide over a possible brake defect.
The recall, mostly affecting the Prius hybrid, includes 117,000 units in Japan, 91,000 units in North America and 30,000 in Europe, a company spokeswoman said in Tokyo.
No injuries or vehicle crashes have been reported related to the problem, she said.
There have been 49 reported cases of a braking defect in Japan, according to a government report.
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Insurance Rule Change Angers Industry
- Revised GDP Up 4.1 Percent in 3rd Quarter
- Alex Kinsey, Sierra Deaton Crowned 'X-Factor' Champs
- Obama Opens Last-Minute Loophole in Insurance Law
- Obama's Dad Was Abusive Drunk, Half Brother Says
- Brian Boitano Announces That He Is Gay
- BlackBerry Posts $4.4 Billion Quarterly Net Loss
- The Costs of Repealing Obamacare
- Economic Growth Boosts U.S. Futures