Toyota Motor Corp said Wednesday it is recalling 242,000 vehicles worldwide over a possible brake defect.
The recall, mostly affecting the Prius hybrid, includes 117,000 units in Japan, 91,000 units in North America and 30,000 in Europe, a company spokeswoman said in Tokyo.
No injuries or vehicle crashes have been reported related to the problem, she said.
There have been 49 reported cases of a braking defect in Japan, according to a government report.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth