HOUSTON, TX -- (Marketwired) -- 06/05/13 -- GeoMet, Inc. (OTCQB: GMET) (NASDAQ: GMETP) (the "Company") announced today that its Board of Directors has declared a quarterly dividend to its preferred stockholders covering the period April 1, 2013 through June 30, 2013 to be paid through the issuance of .03125 preferred share ("PIK Preferred Shares") per outstanding share of preferred stock. The dividend has been calculated at an annual rate of 12.5%. Should the calculation of the dividend of PIK Preferred Shares to any preferred stockholder result in a fractional share, the portion of the dividend attributable to such fractional share will be paid in cash. The aggregate amount of cash paid for all fractional shares will be nominal. The dividend will be paid on July 1, 2013 to preferred stockholders of record on June 18, 2013. In the aggregate, it is estimated that approximately 171,000 preferred shares will be issued in connection with this dividend.
About GeoMet, Inc.
GeoMet, Inc. is primarily engaged in the exploration for and development and production of natural gas from coal seams ("coalbed methane"). Our principal operations and producing properties are located in the Cahaba and Black Warrior Basins in Alabama and the Central Appalachian Basin in Virginia and West Virginia. We also control additional coalbed methane and oil and gas development rights, principally in Alabama, Virginia, and West Virginia.
For more information please contact
Stephen M. Smith
or visit our website at www.geometinc.com
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder