ROSELAND, NJ -- (Marketwired) -- 06/05/13 -- Private sector employment increased by 135,000 jobs from April to May, according to the May ADP National Employment Report®, which is produced by ADP®, a leading provider of human capital management solutions, in collaboration with Moody's Analytics. The report, which is derived from ADP's actual payroll data, measures the change in total nonfarm private employment each month on a seasonally-adjusted basis. April's job gains were revised downward to 113,000 from 119,000.
May 2013 Report Highlights*
View the ADP National Employment Report Infograph at www.adpemploymentreport.com.
Total U.S. Nonfarm Private Employment: 135,000
•By Company Size •Small businesses: 58,000•1-19 employees 37,000 •20-49 employees 21,000
•Medium businesses: 39,000•50-499 employees 39,000
•Large businesses: 39,000•500-999 employees 6,000 •1,000+ employees 33,000
•By Sector •Goods producing -3,000 •Service providing 138,000
•Industry Snapshot •Construction 5,000 •Manufacturing -6,000 •Trade/transportation/utilities 31,000 •Financial activities 7,000 •Professional/business services 42,000
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- U.S. Chamber to Run Ads in Idaho, W.Va.
- U.S. Unemployment Rate Dips to 7 Percent
- Consumer Spending Rises, Incomes Fall
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Nelson Mandela Dies After Momentous Life
- American Eagle Issues Weak Q4 Outlook
- Budget Bargain Elusive as Time Runs Out