Families USA will host a health policy training session for journalists who want to better understand health-care policy issues, especially those impacting minority communities.
Early bird registration is now open for editors and journalists who want to attend the New Orleans training session Sept. 26-27.
Training sessions will include:
• The Affordable Care Act: What's New This Year
• Tips and Tools for Covering the Health Care Beat
• Tips and Tools for Using New Media
• Health System Reform and Health Disparities
• The Challenges to Enrolling Millions in the States
• Tips and Tools for Finding Local Angles and Using Consumer Stories
• State Politics of Health Reform and Immigration Reform
Already confirmed to attend are Kathleen Stoll, deputy executive director and health policy director for Families USA; Jonathan Cohn, senior editor of The New Republic; Martine Apodaca, public education director of Enroll America; Cindy George, health reporter at the Houston Chronicle; and Mark Luckie, manager of journalism and news for Twitter, among others.
To receive the discount, applicants should apply before June 26. To do so, visit www.familiesusa.org/journalist-training.
The sessions above are specifically designed to help sharpen reporters' skills in translating health policy issues into news stories, as well as informing participants of policy resources for future reporting.
The two-day training will focus on health-care policy impacting communities of color and tips on how to report on these issues.
The training session will be held at the New Orleans Marriott.
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today