AUGUSTA -- Americana duo The High Spirits will kick off Lithgow Public Library's popular outdoor Summer Concert Series, now in its fourth year, at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, June 13, on the library lawn.
Generously sponsored by the Friends of Lithgow Library, the concerts take place on Thursday evenings in the summer, and are free and open to the public. In case of rain, the concert will be held in the library's Reading Room.
The High Spirits members are vocalist Anna Patterson and songwriter-guitarist Dave Patterson who are returning to Lithgow Library after previous performances as both a duo and as members of the Portland-based band This Way, which has previously performed for Lithgow's Summer Concert Series. Since leaving the active schedule of being full-time members of a touring band, the Pattersons have been writing and recording their own music from their Portland-area home studio, and performing gigs at small venues.
The remainder of the 2013 Summer Concert Series schedule takes place at 6:30 p.m. on the Lithgow lawn as follows:
Thursday, June 27 - Forget, Forget is a seven-member band, including Aaron LaChance of Grand Hotel, plays a mix of pop-rock- indie music.
Thursday, July 11 - Pete Kilpatrick & Tyler Stanley. This guitar and keyboard indie-rock duo are always popular at Lithgow.
Thursday, July 25 - Silent Sam & the Evans. The group's debut album features their signature Americana sound.
Thursday, August 8 - The Blood Orange Martinis. Bangor-area blues favorites Lauren Williams and Trent Souder.
Thursday, August 22 - Billy Libby & Friends. New York City-based singer-songwriter Billy Libby returns with talented vocalist- musicians Sean Morin and Kallie Ciechomski.
Lithgow Library is at 45 Winthrop Street. For more information, call 207-626-2415 or visit www.lithgow.lib.me.us.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Is North Korea's Kim Jong Ill?
- International Coffee Day Means Free Coffee at Dunkin' Donuts, Krispy Kreme, McDonalds
- Pending U.S. Home Sales Slid in August
- Jerry Brown Signs 'Yes Means Yes' Law
- Drunk Driver Rear Ends Jennifer Lopez, Leah Remini's Car
- George Clooney Says 'I Do' For a Second Time
- GoPro Launching Three New Cameras
- Macy's Boosts Holiday Hiring 3.6 Percent