* Bogota Day 2013 -- 10 a.m., Olsen Park, 162 W. Main St., Bogota. 201-487-4368 or bogotarec.org.
* Writing in Nature Workshop -- 10 a.m., Greenbrook Nature Sanctuary, Green Brook Road, Tenafly. Participants will be led in writing exercises that incorporate sights from the sanctuary. Free. 201-784-0484 or njpalisades.org.
* Solid Milk -- Noon, Morris Museum, 6 Normandy Heights Road, Morristown. Separate out the liquid and solid parts of milk. $3. 973- 971-3700 or morrismuseum.org.
* Russian Heritage -- 2 p.m., Maurice M. Pine Library, 10-01 Fair Lawn Ave., Fair Lawn. 201-796-3400 or fairlawnlibrary.org.
* Observatory Open Viewing -- 8:30 to 10:30 p.m., Paul Robinson Observatory, 68 Van Syckels Road, Clinton. 908-638-8500 or njaa.org.
* Dan Zanes -- 11 a.m., South Orange Performing Arts Center, 1 SOPAC Way, South Orange. Former Del Fuegos frontman Zanes updates children's classics and adds his own original songs. This performance will be a benefit concert for the North Florida School of Special Education. $16 to $18. 973-275-1114 or sopacnow.org.
* Carly Rose Sonenclar -- 7 p.m., Rye Playland Amusement Park, 100 Playland Parkway, Rye, N.Y. $30 and $45. 914-813-7010 or ryeplayland.org.
* Emiko's EP Release Concert -- 7 p.m., Rockwood Music Hall, 196 Allen St., Manhattan. A collection of songs written about the artist's time in England. $21. 212-477-4155 or rockwoodmusichall.com.
* Ladies of Country & Bluegrass Music -- 7:30 p.m., Albert Music Hall, 125 Wells Mills Road, Waretown. $5. 609-971-1593 or alberthall.org
* Junior Brown-- 8 p.m., Stanhope House, 45 Main St., Netcong. $20. 973-347-7777 or stanhopehousenj.com.
* Garland Jeffreys -- 8 p.m., Highline Ballroom, 431 W. 16th St., Manhattan. 212-414-5994 or highlineballroom.com.
* Concordia Chamber Players -- 8 p.m., McCarter Theatre, 91 University Place, Princeton. $35. 609-683-6500 or mccarter.org.
* David Byrne and St. Vincent -- 8 p.m., Capitol Theatre, 149 Westchester Ave., Port Chester, N.Y. $55 to $95. 914-937-4126 or thecapitol theatre.com.
* Harry Connick Jr. -- 8 p.m., Mayo Performing Arts Center, 100 South St., Morristown. $89 to $175. 973-539-8008 or mayoarts.org.
* The Abba Girlz Band -- 8 p.m., Camp Jefferson Amphitheatre, 81 Weldon Road, Lake Hopatcong. $20; seniors $15; ages 11 to 17 $10; under 10 free. 973-663-5590 or jeffersonhighlightsconcerts.com.
* Buddy Guy -- 8 p.m., Count Basie Theatre, 99 Monmouth St., Red Bank. $29 to $59.50. countbasietheatre.org.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia