Lovefilm, an Amazon company, has announced a multi-year licensing deal with CBS Studios International that will expand the range of TV content already available on Lovefilm Instant streaming service.
The companies said that Lovefilm's UK and German members will be able to stream must-see U.S. television series from CBS and the premium television network Showtime. The shows available in the UK and/or Germany include the hit CBS series The Good Wife and Blue Bloods plus programming from Showtown such as Nurse Jackie, Californication and Dexter.
According to a release, the deal between Lovefilm.com and CBS is also great news for Star Trek fans of all ages, with the original 1960s series and Star Trek Voyager now available to stream on- demand.
The agreement with CBS Studios Int. expands Lovefilm's catalogue of TV available to stream instantly and follows a number of other recent high-profile content deals with recognized film and TV studios.
Simon Morris, Chief Marketing Officer at Lovefilm said: "We're thrilled to announce this latest deal with CBS Studios Int., and bring another great selection of hit US TV shows to our members. The quality, quantity and diversity of what we can offer our members is absolutely fantastic which is why we're quickly becoming the first choice subscription service for TV fans."
Armando Nunez, President and CEO of CBS Global Distribution Group added: "We're excited to partner with Lovefilm and their terrific subscription service on an agreement that will bring their UK and German subscribers a range of CBS content that audiences around the world are very passionate about. This is another example of the growing licensing opportunities available for CBS's world class content in a dynamic global marketplace."
((Comments on this story may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org))
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department