U.S. automaker Ford said it would recall 465,000 cars, SUVs and police vehicles
-- all from model year 2013 -- due to fuel leaks that could result in fires.
The 2013 Fusion, Explorer, Taurus, Flex and the Lincoln MKS, MKT and MKZ are involved in the recall as are the Police Utility and Police Interceptor vehicles,
Ford said it had not receive any reports of fires or injury, but it had receive more than 600 complaints about fuel leaks, CNNMoney reported Monday.
There was no warning issued about taking vehicles immediately to dealerships, such as the recall of Ford Escapes in 2012 that warned drivers not to drive their vehicles until the problem was fixed.
Ford also said it was recalling 500 Lincoln MKZ vehicles of the same model year due to insulation on engine block heaters that can malfunction at low temperatures. In a separate recall, 25 Fusions, also from model year 2013, are being recalled due to a faulty retaining clip that could effect steering control.
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Intruder Gets into White House
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton