U.S. automaker Ford said it would recall 465,000 cars, SUVs and police vehicles
-- all from model year 2013 -- due to fuel leaks that could result in fires.
The 2013 Fusion, Explorer, Taurus, Flex and the Lincoln MKS, MKT and MKZ are involved in the recall as are the Police Utility and Police Interceptor vehicles,
Ford said it had not receive any reports of fires or injury, but it had receive more than 600 complaints about fuel leaks, CNNMoney reported Monday.
There was no warning issued about taking vehicles immediately to dealerships, such as the recall of Ford Escapes in 2012 that warned drivers not to drive their vehicles until the problem was fixed.
Ford also said it was recalling 500 Lincoln MKZ vehicles of the same model year due to insulation on engine block heaters that can malfunction at low temperatures. In a separate recall, 25 Fusions, also from model year 2013, are being recalled due to a faulty retaining clip that could effect steering control.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Advocacy Group Calls for Chrysler Probe
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map