June 29--A ticket to Vegas can mean many things on shows from "American Idol" to "So You Think You Can Dance?"
It's also a good sign on NBC's "America's Got Talent," and Tuesday, the girls from Cranberry dance Studio 19 briefly were shown earning their plane tickets.
NBC will continue to show audition episodes until the program goes live July 23. So fans of the modern dance troupe may have to wait until then to see how it all works out.
"It's been an amazing experience," said Tammy Croftcheck-Tallarico, studio owner and one of its artistic directors. "I am thrilled as to what they did show, because most of the time when we're dealing with reality TV, there has to be a storyline.
"Usually, it's someone who has been homeless for 10 years."
Happily, such is not the case for the 11 young women ages 11-18. Most are from the North Hills area.
Fans of "Survivor" might want to check out NBC's scripted faux-reality show "Siberia," which premieres Monday (see Rob Owen's review, above). A group of the usual reality show stereotypes is dropped into the wooded middle of nowhere -- that would be Siberia -- and is told there are no rules to the game.
Survive until the end of winter and share half a million dollars with whomever is left. They'll be living in a settlement where, half a century earlier, the occupants suddenly disappeared.
Fun fact withheld from the group: The settlers might have vanished, but something decidedly creepy is still out there in the forest.
Maria Sciullo: firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-263-1478 or @MariaSciulloPG.
(c)2013 the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Visit the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette at www.post-gazette.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW