Alec Baldwin deleted his Twitter account after he lashed out at claims his
wife was tweeting upbeat posts at James Gandolfini's funeral.
Before leaving the website on Thursday he made a few last tweets to a reporter.
Baldwin, 55, wrote: "My wife and I attend a funeral to pay our respects to an old friend and some toxic Brit writes this f**king trash.
"My wife did not use her phone, in any capacity, at our friend's funeral.
"Now f**k this twitter + good luck to all of you who know the truth."
Baldwin was fuming after the newspaper reporter said Hilaria's social media feed "was full of upbeat posts while the Sopranos star's friends, family and co-stars were gripped with grief at a New York Catholic Church".
Hilaria later tweeted: "When someone tweets something at a certain time, and you retweet it later, it posts the time the first person tweeted."
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Clinton Sought GOP Support for Health Plan
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- Earnings Season Starts Rough for Health Insurers
- Saucedo Mercer Running on Empty in Arizona
- Spring Salmon Return to San Joaquin
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- IPO Market Shows Signs of Settling Down to Earth
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text