June 28--STILLWATER, Okla. -- A play full of humor and struggle takes center stage as "Title of Show" opens Friday at Davis Theatre in Gundersen Hall on the Oklahoma State University campus.
Alyson Friesen plays Heidi in the production. She describes the show as an off-beat musical about two friends struggling to write their own musical.
"You see the arc of their friendship and the ups and the downs of getting stressed out and working on something that is so near and dear to their hearts," Friesen said.
The story takes audiences on a journey of two men who badly want to create art, she said.
Director Peter Westerhoff said it's an entertaining piece based on a true story. Even the cast, three music majors and alumna Friesen, relate to their characters, he said.
"The three music majors were all very good friends to be with and when Alyson came in, they did not know her and her character is also new to the group so it's like life reflecting art," Westerhoff said.
The musical, originally produced in 2006, was chosen to work in smaller, more intimate setting of Davis Theatre, Friesen said.
Shows begin Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. with a matinee on Sunday at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $7 and are available at the door. The musical contains adult subject matter and content.
(c)2013 the Stillwater NewsPress (Stillwater, Okla.)
Visit the Stillwater NewsPress (Stillwater, Okla.) at www.stillwater-newspress.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani