June 28--STILLWATER, Okla. -- A play full of humor and struggle takes center stage as "Title of Show" opens Friday at Davis Theatre in Gundersen Hall on the Oklahoma State University campus.
Alyson Friesen plays Heidi in the production. She describes the show as an off-beat musical about two friends struggling to write their own musical.
"You see the arc of their friendship and the ups and the downs of getting stressed out and working on something that is so near and dear to their hearts," Friesen said.
The story takes audiences on a journey of two men who badly want to create art, she said.
Director Peter Westerhoff said it's an entertaining piece based on a true story. Even the cast, three music majors and alumna Friesen, relate to their characters, he said.
"The three music majors were all very good friends to be with and when Alyson came in, they did not know her and her character is also new to the group so it's like life reflecting art," Westerhoff said.
The musical, originally produced in 2006, was chosen to work in smaller, more intimate setting of Davis Theatre, Friesen said.
Shows begin Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. with a matinee on Sunday at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $7 and are available at the door. The musical contains adult subject matter and content.
(c)2013 the Stillwater NewsPress (Stillwater, Okla.)
Visit the Stillwater NewsPress (Stillwater, Okla.) at www.stillwater-newspress.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs