Hollywood's Skydance Productions, Annapurna Pictures and Paramount Pictures say they plan to release a new "Terminator" movie June 26, 2015.
The collaborators described the science-fiction film as the first in a planned stand-alone trilogy produced by Megan Ellison of Annapurna and David Ellison of Skydance.
Dana Goldberg and Paul Schwake of Skydance will be executive producers. Paramount will distribute the movie. Laeta Kalorgridis and Patrick Lussier are attached to write the screenplay.
No director, casting or plot details have been announced yet, but Arnold Schwarzenegger, who played the title character in three of the four existing "Terminator" movies, has said he would be interested in reprising his role.
The "Terminator" film franchise has earned more than $1 billion at the worldwide box office since the first installment was released in 1984.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Why New Workers Can't Get Ahead
- Rand Paul Takes Pot Shot at Ted Cruz
- myLINGO Translates Hollywood Films into Spanish
- Obama Plugs ACA on Zach Galifianakis Show
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- Toledo Jeep Plant Hiring Part-Timers
- OECD Forecasts Slowdown in Global Growth
- Snowden Urges Silicon Valley to Resist Internet Spying