Hollywood's Skydance Productions, Annapurna Pictures and Paramount Pictures say they plan to release a new "Terminator" movie June 26, 2015.
The collaborators described the science-fiction film as the first in a planned stand-alone trilogy produced by Megan Ellison of Annapurna and David Ellison of Skydance.
Dana Goldberg and Paul Schwake of Skydance will be executive producers. Paramount will distribute the movie. Laeta Kalorgridis and Patrick Lussier are attached to write the screenplay.
No director, casting or plot details have been announced yet, but Arnold Schwarzenegger, who played the title character in three of the four existing "Terminator" movies, has said he would be interested in reprising his role.
The "Terminator" film franchise has earned more than $1 billion at the worldwide box office since the first installment was released in 1984.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.