OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 06/28/13 -- On Monday, July 1, 2013, Their Excellencies the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, and Mrs. Sharon Johnston will attend the Canada Day Noon Show on Parliament Hill.
Their Excellencies will join the Right Honourable Stephen Harper, Prime Minister of Canada, and the Honourable James Moore, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages, as well as thousands of Canadians and visitors on Parliament Hill for this occasion. The Governor General will inspect the guard of honour upon his arrival and deliver a speech later on in the program.
The Canada Day Noon Show will be broadcast live across the country on CBC and CBC Newsworld beginning at 11:30 a.m. (EDT) while Radio-Canada, RDI and CPAC will begin their broadcasts at 12 noon (EDT). These networks will also be streaming their broadcasts live on their respective websites.
Activities at Rideau Hall and in the National Capital Region on Canada Day:
The grounds of Rideau Hall will be open at 8 a.m. on and will close one hour before sunset. During that time, visitors can take part in a wide range of free activities, including guided tours of the residence from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For more information, visit our website at www.gg.ca/visitus.
For more information about the National Capital Region's Canada Day activities, please contact the National Capital Commission (NCC) at 1-800-465-1867 or 613-239-5000; or visit its website at www.canadaday.gc.ca.
Follow GGDavidJohnston and RideauHall on Facebook and Twitter
Rideau Hall Press Office
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills