Zach Braff is to make his Broadway musical debut in the stage adaptation of Woody Allen's movie "Bullets over Broadway," producers announced Thursday.
Braff is known for his lead role on the sitcom "Scrubs," as well as for writing, directing and starring in the film "Garden State."
In "Bullets," he will play David Shayne, a scribe whose play will performed thanks to the wealthy gangster who wants to produce it as a vehicle for his girlfriend.
The cast will also feature Brooks Ashmanskas, Betsy Wolfe, Lenny Wolpe, Helene Yorke and Vincent Pastore.
Preview performances are to begin March 11. Opening night is set for April 10 at the St. James Theatre.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs