REGINA, SASKATCHEWAN -- (Marketwired) -- 06/27/13 -- Viterra Inc. (Viterra) today announced a donation of $75,000 to support ongoing flood relief efforts in Alberta. The donation will go to the Canadian Red Cross as it provides assistance to several communities in southern Alberta, including the city of Calgary.
"Viterra has a strong presence in communities across southern Alberta, and we were saddened to hear of the events that have unfolded there over the past week," said Kyle Jeworski, Viterra's President and CEO for North America. "Our thoughts go out to our fellow employees, customers and all those impacted by the flooding, and we would like to recognize the Red Cross for the excellent work they are doing to provide assistance."
The company has also launched a matching donation program for its employees wishing to participate.
Headquartered in Regina, Saskatchewan, Viterra is the leading grain and oilseeds marketer and handler in Canada, and throughout North America where we operate. Viterra buys, markets and handles western Canadian grain, partnering with growers to help them market and deliver their grains in more ways and to more markets, than any other company in the industry. Viterra has industry-leading marketing, facilities and logistics capabilities, as well as handling, processing, distribution, transportation and storage assets. Viterra is part of the Agricultural Business Segment of Glencore Xstrata. Glencore Xstrata is a producer and marketer of more than 90 commodities, supported by a global network of 90 offices in 50 countries, and employing approximately 190,000 people worldwide.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Potential Snags to the Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- From Fiscal Cliff to Female Head of GM: 2013 in Review
- U.S. Home Construction Hammers Out 5-Year High
- Budget Deal on Brink of Passing in Senate
- Broadband Policies Could Mean 11,000 Jobs
- William Morris Endeavor Eats up IMG
- Wine Collector Convicted of Making Fake Vintages
- Apple: Disney Animation iPad App Best of 2013