Judging by the television ratings, one place where chef Paula Deen is welcome is on the "Today" show.
The NBC morning show beat its rivals at ABC's "Good Morning America" with a Thursday episode that featured Matt Lauer's interview with the celebrity chef. Deen is trying to keep her career cooking following admissions that she had used a racial slur.
The Nielsen company says that "Today" had just under 4.8 million viewers on Thursday, while "GMA" had 4.63 million. It was the first time "Today" had a bigger audience since November during the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy.
On average, the ABC show beat "Today" by 900,000 viewers a day last week.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go
- Detroit Raced Toward this Week's Bankruptcy Trial
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted