OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 06/27/13 -- It gives me great pleasure once again to mark Canadian Multiculturalism Day.
I have long believed that one of Canada's greatest strengths is its diversity. Everywhere I have travelled across this country as governor general, I have seen the extent to which new Canadians are a part of our shared identity and heritage. They need not choose between their culture of origin and that of their new home. This co-existence allows all of us to learn more about each other and to appreciate the contributions that each community makes while enriching our worldview.
This day affords us the opportunity to celebrate our diversity and commitment to democracy, equality and mutual respect. I invite all Canadians to take part in activities organized on this occasion and to discover how incredibly rich our Canadian mosaic truly is.
Canadian Multiculturalism Day is celebrated on June 27 of each year.
Follow GGDavidJohnston and RideauHall on Facebook and Twitter
Rideau Hall Press Office
Most Popular Stories
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- GOP, Dems Strain to Unearth a Modest Budget Pact