OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 06/27/13 -- It gives me great pleasure once again to mark Canadian Multiculturalism Day.
I have long believed that one of Canada's greatest strengths is its diversity. Everywhere I have travelled across this country as governor general, I have seen the extent to which new Canadians are a part of our shared identity and heritage. They need not choose between their culture of origin and that of their new home. This co-existence allows all of us to learn more about each other and to appreciate the contributions that each community makes while enriching our worldview.
This day affords us the opportunity to celebrate our diversity and commitment to democracy, equality and mutual respect. I invite all Canadians to take part in activities organized on this occasion and to discover how incredibly rich our Canadian mosaic truly is.
Canadian Multiculturalism Day is celebrated on June 27 of each year.
Follow GGDavidJohnston and RideauHall on Facebook and Twitter
Rideau Hall Press Office
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?