OSHAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 06/27/13 -- GM Canada today announced the appointment of John P. Roth as vice president, sales, service and marketing, effective August 1, 2013.
Most recently, Roth was the regional director responsible for the Cadillac South Central Region within U.S. Sales & Service. He succeeds Marc Comeau, who will move to GM Korea as vice president, sales, service and marketing.
"I would like to thank Marc for his many years of dedicated leadership throughout a historic period for General Motors of Canada. Our entire team wishes Marc well in his new role with GM Korea," said Kevin Williams, president and managing director
Williams added, "I would also like to welcome John to the GM Canada team. As a proven leader, John's extensive experience in sales and marketing for a number of GM brands, gives him unique insight as we launch key products for the Canadian marketplace like the all-new Chevrolet Silverado, Chevrolet Trax, Buick Encore, GMC Sierra and the award-winning Cadillac ATS. John will also intensify the focus on our continuing transformation into a customer-centric organization committed to providing the best overall customer experience in the automotive industry."
In his new role, Roth will report to GM Canada president and managing director, Kevin Williams. He will also join GM Canada's Executive Committee and GM Canada's board of directors.
About GM Canada
Headquartered in Oshawa, Ontario, General Motors of Canada Limited (GMCL) employs more than 9,000 people across the country and is a recognized leader in green manufacturing. GMCL markets the full range of fuel-efficient Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac vehicles and related services through Canada's largest automotive dealer network. More information regarding GMCL models can be found at www.gm.ca, or by following @GMCanada on Twitter.
905-644-6044 or 905-442-6555 (cell)
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief