Florida Sen. Rene Garcia, chairman of the Florida Hispanic Legislative Caucus,
sent a blistering letter Wednesday to Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross
demanding an apology for his political action against Hispanic lawmakers who
opposed a stadium deal earlier this year.
Ross recently set up the "Florida Jobs First" political action committee to raise money for Gov. Rick Scott's reelection bid and attack legislators who weren't sold on the proposal to let Miami-Dade County voters decide whether to increase the county's hotel bed tax to help underwrite a $350 million Sun Life Stadium renovation.
(c)2013 The Palm Beach Post (West Palm Beach, Fla.)
Visit The Palm Beach Post (West Palm Beach, Fla.) at www.palmbeachpost.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia