Ecuador is unable to process the asylum application
of US whistleblower Edward Snowden because he is not in the country,
a government minister said on Thursday.
"Edward Snowden's application for asylum could not be processed because the applicant does not reside in Ecuadorian territory," Betty Tola told a press conference.
Tola denied news reports that Ecuador had issued transit papers to Snowden, whose US passport has been revoked and who is currently thought to be in the transit area of Moscow's Sheremetyevo airport.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Zillow in Reported $2B Bid for Real Estate Rival Trulia
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast