With a vision to create a cooking show unlike anything airing today, Lisa Smith, owner of Big Fatty's Restaurant, 5005 Kingston Pike, and Breezy Wynn, owner of Breezy Media USA are joining forces to produce "British Table," a half-hour culinary/comedy/variety show.
Every food show on TV right now happens in a studio on a set. That's not where life happens. Life happens in a kitchen and around town at events, festivals and around friends and loved ones. We are going to put that feeling on to film," Smith said.
Each episode will include a cooking segment with Smith, a feature on a local company or event, and episodes from their "gang of revelers," including Xena the drag queen, who will present a trashy craft feature.
"The craft episodes will involve food, like spray painting the carcass of a turkey gold and make it a Christmas sleigh," Smith said. Host of the show is Ireland native, Colum Muldoon.
The pair has created a fundraising page at Kickstarter.com for those interested in supporting their vision.
"We're lucky that we already have a personal investor to get us started, so we start principle photography next week. However Kickstarter is a wonderful tool to help us fund the project as a whole," Wynn said.
Wynn, who recently completed a documentary for National Geographic, said the target audience is late night TV.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms